Thursday, October 31, 2013
Anthropological Digging
Yesterday, we went to the Museum of Anthropology, which I have no recollection of going to, though I believe that I may have. Regardless, it was amazing. Through modern exhibits, historically preserved artifacts and spectacular artistic showcases, it was a great way to spend the day. One thing that has specifically remained in my mind is the exhibition on residential schools. It was beautifully well crafted and, aided by the full-scale pictures with emotional text, brought out the full feeling of the time period. It was quite sad and touching to read the quotes from survivors of the system, and about the long-term affects of the project, which are still apparent today. As a whole, the museum, specifically in it's artistic and native sections, was beautifully well crafted. It was neat all of the amazingly preserved artifacts in the drawers. The layout and architecture was stunning, and as a whole I took away far more from the experience than I expected. It would be a great place to return to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment