Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Uphill From Here

Cross country skiing is, well, interesting. I am a downhill skier. Always have been, always will. I often say that the best thing to add to cross country skiing is a chairlift. But still, it's fun. Whirring through the snow capped trees, honing in on skills like slowing down (a rather important skill indeed), stopping, skiing downhill, pushing uphill, skills that will come in handy for whenever I am cross country skiing again. The only area that I myself need to improve in is how I dress. I have continually ended up wet for both times, with and without a toque, with and without gloves. I always, however, wear a ski jacket, ski pants and some sort of inner layer to keep myself warm. The only other thing I would do for next time is to bring water. I am always thirsty skiing, and that would be a worthy thing to do.

Until next activity,

-Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment