
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself."
-Amelia Earhart
The spirit of adventure has befallen me. In less than three weeks some of my classmates and I will traverse the vast lower mainland on the treacherous Trans Canada Highway to the distant Pitt Lake, where we will be going on an adventure. Yes, a real adventure. With a surface area of 53.5 kilometers squared, we will navigate the perimeter of the lake, stopping only to eat and to set up camp for the night. We will be on Voyager canoes, which I expect (because I have been on them before) to be tough, however definitely not unbearable. Luckily for us the food has been provided, so we will be able to concentrate on the activity itself. I can only hope the weather will remain clear, however based on prior camp experiences "smooth sailing" is definitely not in order. I have a habit of severely overpacking, or severely overpacking to find that all of my clothes have been soaked beyond wear-ability (yes, in grade six that happened to me). As of yet I don't know if we will be circling the entire lake (chick measures 24 kilometers at its maximum length and 4.5 kilometers at its maximum width), or if at some point we will cut across. No matter what we do, however, I know that it will be a challenging experience that I will remember for years (and maybe even decades) to come.
-Derek
No comments:
Post a Comment