Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Ski of X-C

Last week I completed my first session of cross country skiing, which went semi-successfully. Save for an unjustified irate teacher to begin with (I never ran into her again, luckily), the instructors were adequate to good for the job at hand (teaching). I managed to quickly re-enter my position of knowing what to do, as I have completed it beforehand, and it was akin to riding a cycling |construction. I was placed in the intermediate group even though I had not taken the annual precedent that the class had already undertaken. It ended up proving successful, though. It was actually far more fun this time than it had been before. I managed, though, to improve my skills in turning and moving downhill. I feel at place in the intermediate group, as although it does not provide a great challenge for me, it was fun and I was improving my skills. I also enjoyed getting social time outside with friends. I found, though, the long downhill sessions difficult, though over time I should be able to control myself more and as such avoid falling further. I also improved general movement skills, by improving my technique in general. I hope to, over the future sessions, to be able to go faster and try more difficult runs. I hope to have the same level of fun, though, and as such I can't wait for the future cross country skiing sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment